As you convert sales-ready leads in your sales pipeline into opportunities, ask yourself:
- Is there a great fit for your product or solution?
- Is your prospect actively looking for a solution?
- What is the prospect's timetable for finding the best solution?
- What are the competing solutions?
- What does the company have to lose if it did nothing about the problem?
- What is the company's process for making a decision?
- What are the company's preferred steps involved in a purchase?
- Is there a budget?
- What is the full potential of this opportunity?
- Do I have access to all the decision makers, and how many of them can I convince?
- How long will it take until the sale is converted?
- What are the potential obstacles that stand in the way of the sale?
- What are the realistic chances of closing this sale? (25 percent, 50 percent, 75 percent)
Action 1: create a list of your most important and most urgent opportunities, and refresh this list daily by checking it against the questions.
Action 2: check again and if the prospect does not fit find more prospects to open.